VJ women wanted ! Edition IV - Session 4
- Level: Any
- Costs: 40€ (4h / 1day)
- Participants: The number of participants is limited. Please book in advance the sessions you intend to join
- Sign-up / contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Language: English, mixed with German – on demand, with a bit of French
This full VJ workshop, taught by A-li-ce, is an invitation to enter the live video field, giving you the theoretical and the technical tools to develop your own live visual project. The workshop is divided into 5 sessions, and each session gathers:
- VJ Theory : we will explore VJ backgrounds and influences from visual arts to cinema and music, focusing then on some topics such as the loop pattern, the dramaturgy of the performance and the performing body on stage.
- Technics : The second part of the workshop is dedicated to a full learning session of Resolume Arena VJ software and to the live technical workflow. The participants will receive a free Resolume serial number to work with during the workshop duration.
- The third part is dedicated to improvisation and live training in order to develop your live set. Each participant will be then invited to create a 8-10 minutes VJ set and to play it live at VJ Open Lab in Spektrum.
The workshop is divided into 5 sessions, taking place between September-November 2018. We encourage you to join the 5 sessions in order to have the complete workflow to develop your project, but you can also join one session dedicated to a specific topic, depending your interest and your level.
Session 04 : VJ Women wanted ! PART 4 // Introduction to videomapping & Live performing
Date : Wednesday 21.11 // 18:00 to 22:00
- VJ Software: Initiation to videomapping in Resolume Arena
- VJ Theory & Practice: the VJ body on stage 02
- Live performing presentation & feedbacks round 01
WHY A WORKSHOP DEDICATED TO WOMEN ?
The live video community is quite active in Berlin but we still miss *women on stage ! We know you are here, producing visual content and learning on your own. We propose you a creative and technical workshop with 5 sessions to improve your skills and to develop your live video set in a collaborative professional workspace.
WHO CAN JOIN THE WORKSHOP ?
Any woman interested in visual arts and live video performing. No previous knowledge is needed but fresh new VJS are also invited to join to develop their projects and improving their skills.
Alice (FR / Berlin), works as a VJ and as a video artist since 2005. Graduated of art school and university (Master 2 in video art theory), she performs in many audiovisual festivals (Mapping Festival (CH), Mira (ES), RoBOt Festival (IT), etc.). She also works as a video designer for theatre and teaches live video tools for 6 years in many art and video institutions in Europe. She has started the VJ Women Workshop programm in Spektrum in 2017, which gathers 60 *women since its creation and has leaded to the creation of the VJ Open Lab community in Spektrum. Website: http://a-li-ce.com
WHAT YOU HAVE TO BRING
- Your laptop (Mac or PC), a mouse (yes!!)
- Installing the demo version of Resolume Arena and the free DXV codec on resolume.com
- Quicktime must be installed on your laptop
- If you use Adobe Premiere, After Effects and/or Final Cut Pro or any video / pictures Software, that's a good plus, but not a requirement
- Your personality and your ideas !
Session 01: VJ Women wanted ! PART 1 // VJ Theory & Resolume Arena Course Part 1 & 2
Date: Wednesday 12.09 // 18:00 to 22:00
- VJ Theory: VJ archeology & visual content
- VJ technical workflow: softwares and interfaces
- VJ Software: Resolume Arena Course Part 1 & 2
Session 02: VJ Women wanted ! PART 2 // VJ Theory & Resolume Arena Course Part 3 & 4
Date: Wednesday 19.09 // 18:00 to 22:00
- VJ Theory - Aesthetics Focus : Remix as creation processes
- VJ technical workflow: Preparing the medias (codecs, resolutions, sizes)
- VJ technical workflow: hardware and cables
- VJ Software Resolume Arena Course Part 3 & 4
Session 03: VJ Women wanted ! PART 3 // Live playing tools & Live performing
Date: Tuesday 16.10 // 18:00 to 22:00
- VJ Theory: The history of the loop pattern in visual arts and music & VJing as organic live editing
- VJ Theory & Practice: Rythm, Dramaturgy & the VJ body on stage 01
- VJ Software: midi controllers, midi & keyboard mapping –
- VJ Improvisation session
Session 05 : VJ Women wanted ! PART 5 // Introduction to videomapping & Live performing
Date : Wednesday 28.11 // 18:00 to 22:00
- VJ connections & workflow : VJ festivals and communities, technical riders, etc.
- VJ Software : Resolume Arena Part 5
- Live performing presentation & feedbacks round 02